We do not buy children, we educate them.
The good education is that they participate and behave with respect spontaneously and naturally...
Okay. Except that between our values and reality there is a huge difference!
Mostly, I noted that what worked when they were 5 years old, no longer works when they are 8 or 10 years old.
Because after expressing their desire for hours of video games, there are other “rewards” that they make me discover:
- “Mom, come more often to see me play football”
- “And what if we go all together at the cinema”
- “Can we plan a trip to the pool Saturday all together!”
My conclusion is simple:
- spend more time with them,
- give them recognition,
- and spoil them materially in an good and exceptional way... which I already do by the way!